SAVE THE DATE:
2018 SPRING TOURNAMENT
Saturday April 21st – Sunday April 22nd, 2018
Virginia Beach Sports Complex, Virginia Beach, VA
LIVE RESULTS HERE
- Teams are guaranteed at least 3 games. The tournament is setup as pool-play, and teams are ranked based on the fall 2017 standings.
- The tournament is limited to a max of 25 teams. It is first come, first serve. Teams must first RSVP and are required to pay dues by the deadline (see below).
- TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE (TBD)
- All teams are required to be prepared and available to play between 7am-8pm on Saturday AND 7am-3pm on Sunday.
- Sometimes games need to be switched and rearranged – we need you to be flexible, patient, and open-minded.
- Teams must bring light and dark colored shirts/jerseys.
All teams (full and honorary members) are invited to play in the Spring Tournament. It is first come, first serve – we allow a maximum of 25 teams.
By submitting a RSVP, you are committing to coming to the tournament with a full team and paying dues. You will be required to pay tournament dues if you submit a RSVP (even if you cancel). Please do not submit a RSVP unless you are 100% committed to coming with a full team and paying dues.
2018 Dues = $500 per team
Teams that would like to participate in the tournament must abide by the following rules and deadlines:
January 22nd, 2018 – RSVP Deadline
By submitting a RSVP, you are committing to coming to the tournament with a full team. You will be required to pay tournament dues if you submit a RSVP (even if you cancel). Please do not submit a RSVP unless you are 100% committed to coming with a full team and paying dues.
February 22nd, 2018 – Dues/Email Verification Deadline
OPTION 1: PAY ONLINE
Easiest and fastest way to secure your spot in the tournament.
OPTION 2: MAIL A CHECK
Dues must be received by the NFHL by February 22nd. If you have any concerns that your check will not make it to our office by February 22nd, please also submit a letter of verification (option 3) so that your spot in the tournament is not forfeited.
OPTION 3: PROMISE TO PAY FROM YOUR SCHOOL
Submit the tournament invoice to your school (to have them send us a check or pay online) AND your school must send us a verification email
Your school must send us an email to verify that the paperwork for dues has been submitted before March 1st and the estimated date we will receive payment. This must be emailed to treasurer@
If We Don’t Receive Payment/Email Verification by February 22nd:
If the NFHL has not received payment/letter from the school by February 22nd, the team will be removed from the tournament. Teams that are removed will be notified by email by the NFHL. You will still be required to pay dues for the tournament.
All teams must cancel in writing (send email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Teams that have submitted a written RSVP and cancel:
- On or before the Dues Deadline: No penalty
- After the Dues Deadline: Are still required to pay dues PLUS a $250 fine prior to the tournament. Failure to pay dues PLUS the $250 fine before the tournament will result in probation from the league. A team put on probation will be reinstated once the dues and $250 fine are paid.
- After the Last-Minute Cancellation Deadline (less than 1 month before the tournament): Are still required to pay dues PLUS a $500 fine prior to the tournament. A team put on probation will be reinstated once the dues and $500 fine are paid.
Teams that have committed to coming to the Spring Tournament and do not show will be put on probation until notified by league coordinators and must pay dues PLUS a fine of $500. A team will be reinstated only by majority votes by NFHL officers.
PRE-ORDER TOURNAMENT SHIRTS
- All tournament shirts must be PRE-ORDERED ONLINE. Shirts will not be for sale at the tournament.
- Shirts ordered online will be available for pickup at the Registration Table at the tournament. We cannot ship shirts!
- Pre-order today to make sure you can get a shirt!
- Order online here (coming soon!)
Virginia Beach Sportsplex
2181 Landstown Road
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23456
- Field 1 and 2 – astroturf
- Sportsplex – fieldturf
- Turf shoes only – NO spiked cleats
- Free parking is available for all teams and parent
- Teams need to bring a copy of their complete roster to the tournament and submit it when they register.
- Download the Roster Form here and bring it with you to the tournament.
- Teams are allowed to have as many fans as they like attend the tournament.
- Free admission and parking for all fans.
- It’s your responsibility to keep your fans updated if any changes are made.
- All fans are required to abide by all NFHL and Sportsplex rules.
- Fans who are disruptive and do not abide by the misconduct rules will be removed from the tournament and will jeopardize their’s teams entry in the tournament – we take this VERY seriously!
Players, coaches and fans must treat all other players, NFHL staff, spectators, other coaches and refs on/off the field with the utmost respect and dignity. Everyone is expected to compose themselves maturely and have sportsman-like conduct on/off the field at all times. Please read and review all misconduct rules here.
Anyone who fails to abide by the conduct rule will face:
- The consequences stipulated by the NCAA.
- If issued a red card, the player will be suspended for the current game and the following game.
- If issued a second red card during a tournament, the player will be suspended for the remainder of the tournament and must leave the facility immediately (for the remainder of the tournament).
- One verbal warning or green card from NFHL staff or referee.
- Red card and suspension for the remainder of the day. They must leave the facility immediately.
- If a second red card is issued at a tournament, the coach is suspended for the remainder of the tournament and must leave the facility immediately.
- Teams and team captains (or coaches) are ultimately responsible for the conduct of their fans:
- One verbal warning from NFHL staff or referee.
- If the misconduct persists, a yellow card (minimum 5 minute suspension) will be issued to the coach or team captain for the current game.
- If the misconduct persists, the referee will stop the game and the fan must leave the facility immediately. Play will resume once the fan has left the facility. The clock will not stop during this time.
To read and review a summary of the NCAA, FIH, and NFHL misconduct rules click here: Misconduct Rules
Special NFHL rates for players and fans:
Hilton Garden Inn Town Center (official NFHL tournament hotel)
252 Town Center Dr, Virginia Beach, VA, 23462
- $129 per night (king bed) plus tax
- $149 per night (2 queen beds) plus tax
- Breakfast included!
- Free parking
- Located in the in the heart of the “Main Street” district - packed with shopping and restaurants – all within walking distance!
- Reserve your rooms online here or call 757-326-6200 and ask for “National Field Hockey Spring Tournament” group rate
The Westin (official NFHL tournament hotel)
4535 Commerce Street, Virginia Beach, VA, 23462
- $159 per night (2 double beds or 1 king bed) plus tax
- Free parking
- Located in the in the heart of the “Main Street” district – packed with shopping and restaurants – all within walking distance!
- Reserve your rooms online here or Call 800-937-8461 and ask for the “National Field Hockey League Spring 2017″ group rate
Virginia Beach Resort Hotel (official NFHL tournament hotel)
2800 Shore Drive Virginia Beach, VA 23451
- $129 per night (plus tax)
- Luxury beach front suites sleep up to 6 with separate bedroom and living room areas, balcony overlooking the beach, queen-size sofa sleeper, kitchenette with microwave and refrigerator
- Call 800-468-2722 and ask for the “National Field Hockey League Spring Tournament” group rate
- Outside food/beverages will not be allowed on the premises.
- Boxed lunches can be ordered here.
- There is a new restaurant with group space available, right across from the fields. For more information, click here.
- We can never predict the weather! We may need to rearrange games and/or restructure the format of the tournament in extreme weather.
- Kristin will keep all teams informed of any changes via email – please check your emails on a regular basis!
- Please be flexible – it’s up to you to make this tournament fun and successful.